Jul 18, 2014

Rate the Look - Girl's Day's "Darling"



Girl's Day just came back with the "Darling", a cute summer song spiked with some sexiness, colorful scenery and traditional summer rituals like car washing. Being a big fan of the season and it's fashion I was excited to see the members wearing some really great outfits in the video.


Sojin


Despite her surprising age of 28 years old, she shows no signs of aging anything else but backwards. I've always found Sojin breathtakingly stunning, so when I saw that she had gotten bangs earlier this spring I cried a bit inside. To my relief, those bangs are nowhere to be seen in this video. She looks amazing and literally steals every shot she's in.

Score: 9/10

Yura


Ever since Yura got rid of her bangs, she has been absolutely killing it. I never found her even the slightest bit attractive before that, and I blame it all on terrible styling. Her long, dark brown hair looks wonderful and I could not have asked for anything else.

Score: 8/10

Minah


Minah is probably the only member of this group I'm not as attached too, and I really don't know why. She's beautiful, talented and has a sweet personality. For this concept, while there's no doubt she looks fantastic, I still don't see the entire appeal. Maybe someday I will realize it, but that day is not today.

Score: 7/10

Hyeri


Hyeri is seriously so cute and I just find her so endearing. Her personality and weird antics just speak to me, and although she says some stupid things now and then, I'm usually think she's adorable. For her styling, I'm glad they stuck with the short hair because it suits her so well I can't really remember what she looked like before.

Score: 8/10

Overall

 

I am really pleased with how the girls are styled for this comeback, mostly because they wear the kind of clothes I would want to wear if I had the body to pull them off. It's totally fit for summer, and is neither too sexy nor too cute, but rather casual actually. I love their shorts, tops and shoes, but I'm not so sure about the "heels over socks" look they've got going on. But that's really the only bad point and it's so minimal I don't even bother about it. I'm also in love with their 50's inspired outfits that they wear in the dance sequences, such as the white skirts and tops that are just the right combination of retro and modern.

Total Score: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment