Apr 10, 2015

SNSD Releases First Single As 8 - "Catch Me If You Can"

OK, so I might have said that I wouldn't be following SNSD as much now that they kicked Jessica Jung out, but I've come to realize that I'm way too stuck in this group to leave just like that. I mean, as long as Seohyun and Sooyoung are still there I'm afraid you'll have to deal with more OT8 posts from now on.



"Catch Me If You Can" isn't a Korean single but a Japanese one, but SM are releasing a Korean version too because they know how thirsty their fans are. However, this means that we won't be seeing them promoting it in Korea which is a shame because it truly has some wacky choreography. The song is kind of amazing too but the drop is easily the most boring part and it's almost not worth listening to because of. Yet, the "I'm trying to find my heart" lines are stuck on my mind after one listen alone, so I do think I will be listening to it again.

SNSD - Casio Baby-G 2015Since this is more of a brief rant rather than a full-on review (my schedule cannot make room for one right now sadly), I will only shortly discuss the content of the video. Not that there is much discussing, because this is basically a performance video showcasing the choreography on a construction site location (totally normal) with two different set of outfits.

It's as basic as it gets but for the first time in a long while I'm actually impressed by a SNSD performance. They're all perfectly on point and the choreography is one of the better ones I've seen them take on, but I guess they have much more to prove now with one vital member missing. In this case it means Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon getting more lines than the actual vocalists, so I do think there's a bit of overcompensation going on on SM's part here.

Anyhow, I'm not going to lie and say I didn't miss SNSD at all, and I'm actually kind of happy that they've released new material. Although I kind of want to completely ignore them, it seems like a fangirl's heart isn't that easily changed. "Catch Me If You Can" is neither a fantastic song nor does it come with a fantastic video, but it's more than enough to satisfy my cravings right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment