Jul 7, 2015

JYPE's New Superstar Group Twice's Line-Up Is Revealed!



It's been a long time coming and I thought that it might never come to an end, but finally it's here. The moment we've all been waiting for has arrived at last, and with the release of the last episode of "Sixteen" the final line-up for JYP Entertainment's upcoming girl group is out in the open.



The line-up as seen on the final episode reads:

  • Nayeon
  • Jungyeon
  • Dahyun
  • Jihyo
  • Sana
  • Mina
  • Chaeyoung
  • Tzuyu
  • Momo
Can you believe it? Because I literally cannot comprehend what I'm witnessing right now. First of all Momo is in the group. Momo. The one who got eliminated from the show. I mean I knew JYP was sneaky but I honestly didn't think he would bring her back once he got rid of her. However, she is by far the best dancer on the team and JYP would be stupid not to include her. Other surprises reads Dahyun, and not because I thought JYP didn't like her, but because she hasn't been that impressive. Still, she is really pretty and will serve as a good visual for the team.

Apart from those two I think I guessed the line-up pretty much correctly. I knew for sure that Nayeon, Jungyeon, Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were going to be in it, and I guessed that at least one of the two remaining Japanese members (Sana and Mina) were going to join as well. I didn't however expect the group to be as big as it is, and I'm a bit concerned about the level on vocal talent on the team. Not many of them possesses great voices nor rapping skills, and the focus seems to have rather been put on dancing. I'm sure it could work too but I would have liked one more stable vocalist (Jiwon, preferably). It also would have been nice to see Somi debut, but she's still very young and most certainly has a bright future ahead.

All and all I can definitely say that I'm happy about the now official members of Twice, and I'm already looking forward to their debut and hope as always that JYP won't screw it up. Also, thank GOD that Momo debuted because I would have been not as excited had she been stuck in that practice room for who knows how many more years. Girl needs to show the world her skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment