Jun 13, 2016

Another One Bites The Dust: 4Minute Split Up



Here we go again; another expected yet devastating piece of news has reached K-pop fans. After seven years together Cube Entertainment's flagship girl group 4Minute have decided not to renew their contracts and are therefore disbanding. Like I said there is no surprise in this considering Cube's terrible management of them throughout the years and their inability to promote any other member aside from Hyuna. I'm genuinely sad about this, as has been the case with every other girl group issue this year, but I feel almost even more sad about 4Minute because they've been one of my favorite "older" girl groups. They've released so many good songs and have had a concept that I truly have enjoyed, and "Crazy" last year will definitely go down as one of my favorite releases ever. It's such a shame that their company is awful and won't do them justice, and although I know the members have a great bond and teamwork it's probably better for them to split with Cube. In a dream world they'll regroup under a different agency but that's unfortunately unlikely. I just hope they will be happy in whatever they chose to pursue and I will forever remember them as one of the sassiest and coolest girl groups out there.

Now with 4Minute gone Cube only has Beast left to keep their sinking ship afloat, and I know their contracts are expiring pretty soon too so who knows what will happen next. How do you guys feel about this? Do you also blame Cube? What will happen to Cube next?

No comments:

Post a Comment